The Scorpio Races

The Scorpio Races - Maggie Stiefvater I listened to The Scorpio Races on audio and it was so beautiful. If you have the chance to listen it rather than read it I would definitely recommend it. But even if you can't you really need to read it.I had read all of Maggie Stiefvater's other books and had fallen in love with her style and voice. Her Shiver series while good, was not as amazing of a fit for her voice as her first two books, Linger and Ballad. But The Scorpio Races was the perfect fit for her lyricism and style. The minute I started listening I knew I was in for a treat.Puck and Sean are awesome main characters, their stories were seamlessly wound together and I loved the dual POV, it made the story richer and more beautiful. Puck is such a strong female character and even though she was not out saving the world, but she was out doing whatever she could to save her family. Sean on the other hand is alone and is doing all he can to get what he wants and needs but is not selfish about it which is not seen very much in books.Finn, Puck's brother was one of my favorite characters. He was so sweet and awesome I loved his personality and wanted him to be my little brother. Also he was always surprising me and I love that about him.Thisby the island that The Scorpio Races takes place on it almost a character in itself. It could not take place in any other place. Maggie Stiefvater brought it to life and I felt like I was there. I really want Thisby to be real so I can experience it. But because it isn't I feel like I have been there.The audio narration is awesome. There are two narrators, one for Puck and one for Sean and they are the perfect voices for them. Especially the man who voiced Sean, I fell in love with his voice and I would listen to him read the phone book if I had the chance. But I also loved the voice of Puck, she was sassy and fit Puck's personality perfectly!You need to read this book. I am mad at myself for waiting this long to read it. Also it is a stand alone so if you are tired of all the series' and need a break, or if you just want an awesome book to read I recommend The Scorpio Races.