Shut Out

Shut Out - Kody Keplinger I had never heard of Aristophanes’ Lysistrata but I enjoyed this book so much that I might go pick it up! Shut Out was another awesome book by Kody! It was funny and real, as well as slightly incorporating some difficult topics.I do have a warning for this and The Duff, these are not books for younger readers. They both deal openly with issues of sex and other related things. And while I had no problem with it, and as an older young adult really didn’t mind reading about it. (There is no actual sex in the book) The readers of this book should be mature about the issues that are brought up. With that being said I really liked that it was the center of the book, because honestly it makes total sense. I think that’s what I love the most about Kody’s books, they are real. I also liked how Kody brought up insecurities that girls have about sex, and how girls can be afraid to even tell their friends that they are virgins. That part made this book for me.Lissa was a great main character, she had her quirks and was someone that I could totally see myself being friends with. Her obsessions made her real and I think is something that people deal with. Also Cash… Um… Yeah he was HOT. I want one!!!!! Finally a sweet guy! I loved him definitely in my top ten! Overall a great sophomore novel for Kody Keplinger! The combination of topics and characters creates a realistic and hilarious take on the power of girls!