Sharks & Boys

Sharks & Boys - Kristen Tracy 3.5If you are looking for a summer read where happiness abounds and everything is great minus a few little scuffles. This is not the book for you. But if you are looking for a book that will make you think about the fragility of life, and make you think back on all the shipwreck victims you hear about on the news. Then this is the book for you.I’m going to warn you while this book has some semi-happy moments they are at the beginning of the book. The rest of the book is filled with pain, death, and sadness. Peppered with a story of survival and courage. I am glad that this book wasn’t all rainbows and kittens because that would have lightened the story and devalued those who have lost their lives while being shipwrecked. All the primary characters in the book are twins which annoyed me until the end where I got it. I liked seeing the differences between the groups of twins and how they related to their twin. The imagery in this book is very good, I felt as if I was shipwrecked, with the sun beating down on me. At times the book was boring cause it mostly consisted on them sitting on a raft waiting to be rescued but it kept my attention for the most part. I have to say the ending was kind of a let down, I wish it was been more extravagant or something, but it was satisfactory.overall a good book!